Bunya Top with Tasmanian Blackwood Back and Sides
The Cole Clark AN2EC is the guitar of choice for discerning performers who require a cutaway body style for easy access to the over-body frets, and want to harness the benefit that the ‘3-Way’ on-board amplification offers with its integrated microphone blending. The Angel is popular with fingerstyle players, but is also well suited to players who want a full-scale strummer with a more compact body.
The AN2EC also features a few subtle aesthetic upgrades compared with its AN1 series sisters.
All Cole Clark Angel series guitars share common geometry and construction methods:
• All solid timber
• Spanish (integral) heel design for superior fitment and resonance
• Internally CNC carved soundboard and back
• AN lattice style soundboard and back bracing
• Nitrocellulose lacquer finish
• 25.5” scale length
• 1-3/4” nut width
The Angel 2 series guitars have a more refined aesthetic:
• Australian native all-solid AA-grade tonewoods
• Snowflake fingerboard markers
• Hand-inlaid Rosewood 3-ring rosette
• Timber body binding
• No pickguard fitted (available on request)
• Pearl dot inlays on TUSQ bridge pins
The AN2 series instruments are fitted with Cole Clark’s new generation on-board 3-way amplification system. This state-of-the-art system allows seamless blending of the 6-piezo undersaddle bridge pickup with a Face Sensor plus an internal condenser microphone. The Bridge-Face control on the preamp allows frequencies above 350Hz to be mixed from the body or bridge pickups, while the big clean bottom end frequencies are always sourced from the bridge pickup, which helps control feedback. The Mic control allows fading of the internal mic to amplify higher frequencies (>2.1kHz), which provides a very natural and softened top end response.
The 3-Way amplification system embodies 'all things great' about the original Cole Clark Faceblend system (still fitted to the Angel 1 series instruments), but now delivers the next level of accurate, natural acoustic amplification with an incredibly versatile, easy to use preamp control layout. The fascia is made of durable aluminium and clearly annotated, and the 9V battery is located in an externally accessible hatch adjacent to the end-pin.
Cole Clark fit the AN2 series with a selection of the finest quality components:
• Grover Rotomatic 102 series 18:1 Nickel plated tuning machines
• Graphtech TUSQ XL nut impegrated with PTFE lubrication for string tuning stability
• Graphtech TUSQ compensated saddle and bridge pins for enhanced sustain
• Elixir Nanoweb long-life strings
• Dunlop 6230 Nickel fret wire